I know I did.
Wow…my very first blog award! Now I know that some folks are actually looking at this. Don’t get too excited though, I’m not sure how I feel about this whole meme thing…
Here are the rules…The rules for the Honest Scrap award –
The honorees are to:
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Simple. Or not.
1) I tend to be far more comfortable around men than around other women. I think that’s part of why I enjoy gaming and ham radio and what not…most of my hobbies usually appeal more to men than to women. Or maybe I’m just still a tomboy at heart.
2) I spent a year as an over the road truck driver. I’ve been in all the continental 48 except for VT and ME. Taking a shower in a truck stop (which is free if you’ve filled up) is an interesting experience. I don’t think I’d have been comfortable enough to do such a crazy thing (the truck driving, not the shower) without my husband…but I’d always wanted to try it when I was a kid. My dad used to drive truck and something about it struck me as romantic. I’ll admit, getting paid to drive around and see the country is pretty cool, but it’s also a hard life. I wouldn’t give up that experience for anything, but I never want to do it again.
3) I don’t have power surges. Forget that. I have effing hot flashes. And I’m proud of them…I consider them a badge of honor. The same with my gray hair, though for a different reason.
4) I am jealous of my son. There are so many opportunities now in education for kids that just weren’t there when I was in school.
5) I wish I could take back the years and do college right. I seriously messed it up the first time around and just don’t see that I’ll ever have an opportunity to try again.
6) I still secretly enjoy the occasional bodice-ripper novel.
7) My favorite snack these days is chocolate pudding. I never used to buy it, but it’s become a more attractive treat because neither my husband nor son will touch the stuff, so I can keep it all to myself.
8) When I grow up I want to be a meteorologist.
9) My teeth are like stars.
10) I really can’t think of anything else that’s terribly interesting about me to write about. I don’t like writing me or my family. Kinda crazy that I have a blog, I suppose… but I keep stumbling on nifty stuff that I want to share with people, and this is the easiest way to do it. So, keep on coming back here if you’re a fan of random “Oh, cool, look at that!” kind of stuff. But I think this is all the soul baring I’ll be doing here.
victims award winners should count themselves as lucky. I found this to be a somewhat painful experience and I won’t inflict it on anyone I actually like. But if the meme appeals to you, feel free to nominate yourself.
Not that Bruce Lee was a ninja. And not that this is real. It’s a Nokia phone commercial. But it’s fun to pretend that it could be real.
Ever wanted to know what the global temperature is, how many people are currently in the world. or how many bicycles have been produced? If so, the World Clock is a must see webpage. Seeing those numbers just ticking away is pretty staggering.
I saw these amazing performers on TV a while back. Every member of this group of Chinese dancers is deaf. I would love to learn more about them and how they manage this routine so flawlessly when they can’t hear any cues.
But there was one elephant, a new elephant–an elephant child–who was full of
‘satiable curiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions! He lived in Africa, and he filled all Africa with his ‘satiable curiosities.
Much like the Elephant’s Child I have been blessed, or cursed, with a ‘satiable curiosity. I also have the good fortune to be able to spend a reasonable portion of my day looking around the internet at most anything that catches my attention. From time to time, I stumble across things that strike me as pretty cool. So, I thought I’d start a catalog.